NOTICE: Due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, the B2B PhD Research Camp will be postponed to 2021.
The Institute for the Study of Business Markets will be holding its next Biennial B2B PhD Research Camp in Boston, MA. Locations and Dates will be set in early 2021, but it will be immediately preceding the Summer AMA Educators’ Conference). Venue will be finalized by March 1, 2021.
The ISBM B2B PhD Research Camp will partially overlap with the ISBM Academic Conference to be held at the same venue; PhD Students are encouraged to attend both events.
The Camp is designed for students who have completed at least one year of doctoral work and have an interest in B2B marketing and management. There are no geographic restrictions; students in marketing, strategy, management, innovation and R&D management, information systems, business logistics, supply chain management and other fields will find the camp beneficial.
The purpose of the Camp is to enable students to interact with prominent faculty and promising young scholars. The camp is designed to:
- Introduce interested students to the network of B2B students, faculty and other scholars
- Educate PhD students about research opportunities in the area of B2B Marketing, strategy, and management
- Identify areas of support, including: sources of data, funding, and research guidance in the B2B domain
- Develop strategies for developing promising research projects that can generate quality research article in top journals
- Provide an opportunity to have research ideas constructively critiqued by experienced scholars during “Research Roundtables”
- Penn State’s Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM)
- Marketing Science Institute (MSI)
Nominations and Selection Criteria
Interested students can apply or be nominated by a faculty member. A call for nominations will be announced in early 2021. Nominations should include:
- Student’s Vita
- Faculty Recommendation
The faculty recommendation letter will be used to gauge the general motivation and ability of the student, along with the student’s interest in the domain of B2B.
- Student’s Essay
- The purpose of the essay is to judge the suitability of the student for the Camp. The student essay (1000 words maximum) should address the topic: “A business-to-business research issue that interests me is XXX . . . Why?”
- In developing the essay, the study may with to anchor the research issue in an appropriate topic area, such as those listed among the ISBM’s current highest Research Priorities.
Registration will be active by April 1, 2021
(Camp registrations will only be activated after acceptance to the program has been determined)
Camp Organizers and Directors
Lisa K. Scheer
University of Missouri
Camp Assistant Director:
For More Information
Institute for the Study of Business Markets
The Pennsylvania State University