NOTICE: Due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, the B2B PhD Research Camp was cancelled in 2020. We will hold an Online PhD Camp in August 2021 and we plan to hold our regular Biennial Camp in 2022.
The Institute for the Study of Business Markets is sponsoring its 9th PhD Camp for those interested in potentially researching B2B marketing or management. Due to the cancellation last year and the online nature of this event, this Camp will be open to all doctoral students and early-career scholars within several years of receiving their doctorates. No nominations are needed this year, but participants must register to attend.
This online PhD Camp will be held on Saturday, August 14, 2021 from 10:00AM – 3:30PM ET. It will be preceded by an online Academic Conference on August 12-13, 2021. PhD Camp participants are encouraged and welcome to register for both events.
Planned Camp sessions include:
- Navigating critical career milestones
- Overlooked opportunities for career development such as non-traditional opportunities for initial placement and strategic conferencing
- Empirical Research Insights regarding theory development and endogeneity solutions
- Preview of coming attractions at the 2022 ISBM PhD Camp
- Two casual 20-minute networking sessions to facilitate introductions and interactions among attendees.
A popular feature of the Camp has been the small-group Research Workshops in which students share early-stage research ideas and get feedback from B2B researchers. To present research at this year’s Camp, a student must submit by June 11, 2021, a 1000-word (maximum) summary of the research topic. An illustrative diagram may also be included. It may be helpful to anchor the research in an appropriate topic area, such as those listed among ISBM’s current highest Research Priorities or ISBM Traditional Research Priorities. Submit research summaries (Word, pdf) via email attachment to Dr. Kersi Antia (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 11, 2021.
We seek faculty as well for the 75-minute Research Workshops. Please email Dr. Lisa Scheer (email@example.com) to volunteer to participate in a Research Workshop.
- Penn State’s Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM)
- Marketing Science Institute (MSI)
There is no fee to participate, but registration is required to attend.
Camp Organizers and Directors
Lisa K. Scheer
University of Missouri
For More Information
Institute for the Study of Business Markets
The Pennsylvania State University