Event / Courses
In a world overflowing with data, why is it so challenging for marketers to find truly significant new insights about how their markets are changing and what it will take to win in the future?
Senior executives, often lament that the reports and recommendations they receive from their marketing teams, market research firms, and consultants just confirm what was already common knowledge. As a result, managers frequently pose questions such as these:
- What techniques can we use to craft insight more quickly?
- How can we manage our deliberations so that they’re more likely to yield higher quality insight?
- How do we ensure that the insights we provide will influence decision making?
Using cases and examples from a variety of organizations, Liam Fahey will teach participants how to apply new techniques for insight work to help gain competitive advantage in their markets.
- Marketing leaders/managers and analysis team leaders
- Intelligence professionals who lead and contribute to intelligence work
- Market researchers, data analytics managers, industry analysts, and competitor analysts
At the end of this workshop, participants will understand how to:
- Recognize what true insight is (and is not)
- Perform and manage each stage of the insight process
- Conduct analysis faster and better to get to quality insights
- Anticipate and manage the people issues involved in the Insight Process
- Shape and present insights in ways that are meaningful to decision makers
- Avoid biases that can affect insight creation
- Identify the critical errors involved in each stage of the Insight Process
- Use insights to develop key strategy inputs (e.g. opportunities, risks) and to develop action plans