Remote Selling Excellence leverages key principles of Ascension’s renowned Purposeful Selling program which has provided a proven training discipline to hundreds of companies all over the world. The main goal of Remote Selling Excellence is to train inside sales teams who do not have the ability to engage face-to-face with prospects to build rapport while training them to uncover customer needs and close new business remotely.
This is a Specialist B2B Marketing concept and workshop, appropriate for inside sales and customer service/support teams expected to prospect new business and up/cross sell current accounts.
2-day interactive workshop mixing instructor lead training on branding best practices with exercises to demonstrate how to leverage frameworks and tools.
Participants will come away with understanding purposeful remote selling. Understanding the consultative selling model by seeing critical communication skills, building customer rapport from afar and learning about personality styles found in business. They will experience using strategic questions to uncover needs and qualify opportunities.
- Brand Ambassador Concept – remotely conveying the company brand
- Essential Verbal Skills – the importance of vocal tone, pace, word choice
- Pre-Call Preparation – using the Call Planner SM to guide new business prospecting
- Customer Personalities – understanding four personality types found in business
- Strategic Questions –techniques to uncover customer needs
- Objection Handling – turning customer objections into sales opportunities
- Prospecting – proven outreach and methods to re-engage + sell past customers
- Communication Tips – leveraging email + voice mail sales communication
Craig Apatov is Founder & Managing partner, Ascension Growth & Innovation Strategies, Inc. Craig leads the firm’s sales enablement groups offering best practice consultative sales training and process management.
Apatov has 25+ years of experience in general management, strategic marketing, and business development in Fortune 100 companies including Con Agra Foods, Disney, Time Warner, Citibank, Mattel Toys, and the GMAC/Ally Bank.
His most noted corporate accomplishments include:
- The creation of Disney’s strategic alliance development process that drove over $150 million in marketing partnerships for Disney animated television programming.
- The successful launch of the GMAC/Ally Bank – now the nation’s largest and most successful online only bank and financial services provider with assets over $167 billion.
- The deployment of the first virtual credit card, digital wallet, and online shopping portals as part of the Citibank pioneering moves into ecommerce under the banner “Click Citi”.
- At Con Agra, leveraged a Hunt’s Ketchup reformulation and aggressive national ad campaign around superior taste to double the company’s market share vs. category leader Heinz.
- Repositioned Mattel Hot Wheels brand by leveraging core brand “racing” equity into racing sets, battery operated racers, and radio controlled vehicles to double brand revenues.
For Ascension, Apatov has delivered over 200 consultative sales training workshops globally across multiple industry verticals. He also drives the firm’s sales compensation optimization programs and personally teaches clients how to better manage downstream sales accountability and processes using the Ascension proprietary Red Team program.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and has done graduate work at the University of Southern California. He is married, lives in the Atlanta area, and has two children living in NY and Boston.