In this workshop you will explore the key elements of the science of selling. The significance of sales pipelines, strategic territory analysis by building sale plans and the key steps to being successful in a sales role.
This is a Gain Mastery B2B Marketing concept and workshop, appropriate for marketing professionals responsible for communications, marketing and teams responsible for developing and executing market, sales, or other customer-directed relationships.
2-day interactive workshop mixing instructor lead training on branding best practices with exercises to demonstrate how to leverage frameworks and tools.
Participants will learn how to use customized account and territory growth planning. The course will discuss competitive B2B Sales Strategies. Engage learners in root cause analysis, account/territory opportunity analysis by developing S.M.A.R.T. growth objectives and touching on political mapping for target organizations (identifying true influencers). Learn best practices for building a sales strategy and complete 50% of your plan by the end of the workshop.
- Strategic Sales Analysis
- Territory/Account/Opportunity Plan Options
- Hands-On Plan Development
- Customized Planning Templates
- 10 Electronic Analysis/Planning Tools
- The Importance of Sales Planning
- Planning Research
- Identifying Product Gaps by Account
Craig Apatov is Founder & Managing partner, Ascension Growth & Innovation Strategies, Inc. Craig leads the firm’s sales enablement groups offering best practice consultative sales training and process management.
Apatov has 25+ years of experience in general management, strategic marketing, and business development in Fortune 100 companies including Con Agra Foods, Disney, Time Warner, Citibank, Mattel Toys, and the GMAC/Ally Bank.
His most noted corporate accomplishments include:
- The creation of Disney’s strategic alliance development process that drove over $150 million in marketing partnerships for Disney animated television programming.
- The successful launch of the GMAC/Ally Bank – now the nation’s largest and most successful online only bank and financial services provider with assets over $167 billion.
- The deployment of the first virtual credit card, digital wallet, and online shopping portals as part of the Citibank pioneering moves into ecommerce under the banner “Click Citi”.
- At Con Agra, leveraged a Hunt’s Ketchup reformulation and aggressive national ad campaign around superior taste to double the company’s market share vs. category leader Heinz.
- Repositioned Mattel Hot Wheels brand by leveraging core brand “racing” equity into racing sets, battery operated racers, and radio controlled vehicles to double brand revenues.
For Ascension, Apatov has delivered over 200 consultative sales training workshops globally across multiple industry verticals. He also drives the firm’s sales compensation optimization programs and personally teaches clients how to better manage downstream sales accountability and processes using the Ascension proprietary Red Team program.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and has done graduate work at the University of Southern California. He is married, lives in the Atlanta area, and has two children living in NY and Boston.